About the MVP+ Coffee Fundraiser
The CFB Kingston Military Veteran Program Plus (MVP+) and Equator Coffee Roasters have teamed up to offer the Kingston community some good coffee!
Your valuable fundraising contribution will go towards a Veterans Program that is custom designed and tailored to suit the unique health needs of the Veteran.
The MVP+ Coffee fundraiser will run from April 5 to May 14, 2021. The goal for the Spring 2021 MVP+ Coffee fundraiser has been set at $5,000 - help us reach our goal by sharing this site with your friends and family members!
About the Military Veteran Program Plus (MVP+)
The CFB Kingston MVP+ program is an information and connection service, an opportunity to meet new people and reacquaint with old friends, and a rewarding way to get involved in the community and share passions. The MVP+ program has many activities and programs that are designed to promote a healthy and balanced lifestyle for our former Canadian Armed Forces members while also offering a variety of great choices and activities leading to optimal health and quality of life for our veterans.
The MVP+ program’s focus are its three main pillars: Stay Fit – Stay Engaged – Stay Connected. More information on MVP+ can be found at https://www.cafconnection.ca/Kingston/Adults/Veterans/Military-Veteran-Program-Plus.aspx
MVP+ Program members will receive the following through your fundraising contribution:
- Free access to selected veteran-specific, health & wellness programs
- Free access to the CFB Kingston Base Gym
- Free access and introduction to fitness classes, aquatic programs, and weight training sessions
- Free access and introduction to spin classes, yoga, stretching, and other specialized veteran-friendly recreation programs
- Regular updates and information on veteran-specific programs and information including a monthly MVP+ eNewsletter featuring general interest content, special promotions and contests, as well as key information from program sponsors
- Free access to the MVP+ Ambassador including webinars, workshops, meetings, and appreciation events. The MVP+ Ambassador also offers assistance with connecting veterans to health and wellness resources. The MVP+ Ambassador will also assist the veteran with accessing programs and services offered through the CFB Kingston Personnel Support Programs programming and services. Veterans have expressed they appreciate an experienced resource person such as the MVP+ Ambassador who they can talk to and who can assist them with navigating the many services available to them
Currently, there are more than 450 veterans in the greater Kingston community who are members of the MVP+ program.
Please note that due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, all programs offered have pivoted to a digital delivery. These have included instructional videos, fitness, yoga, strength training, health and wellness seminars.
Equator has been roasting, delivering, and serving fresh, fair trade, organic coffee since 1998. Founded by Craig and Amber Hall with the goal of making a difference globally and locally, the name was chosen for a reason: to ‘Equate’ the benefit of drinking coffee, not just for the consumer but for all the people along the way, from our staff who pack and serve it- to the farmers who grow it.
We believe the world is a better place with coffee that is sourced ethically and grown organically. At Equator, coffee is more than just a beverage; it is a way of changing the world.